Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Earrings & consignment sales...

Hi friends,

My mom was in town last week and I didn't have a lot of time to blog!... She got in on Monday afternoon and left early Sunday morning...

Last Tuesday while she was here, we got sweet baby girl's ears pierced!!! For the folks that read my "To pierce or not to pierce" post know, that I was really struggling with this desicion! But thanks to my persistant/somewhat overbearing mother ;) & encouraging words from my blog friends, I got over my fears and just did it!... and it went A LOT better than I imagined!! She cried more when she gets her vaccines than she did when they pierced her ears! Surprisingly, one of the hardest things was marking her earlobes where we wanted the hole to be! Anyone that has a little baby knows how wiggly they are so with her constant squirming (plus her chubby little cheeks didn't allow us to look straight on & see her earlobes) it was at least a 30 minute orderal of marking then remarking....{Sheesh!} Then when her doctor came in (we got them done at her pediatrican's office) with the piercing guns, he did one side fine but when he went to do the other side the gun got jammed or something!! So he pressed down hard 2x and she was NOT HAPPY >=[ then he just got a new gun and got it through! She cried just for a second when he was done & calmed down then when he cleaned it with the alcohol afterward she cried again, but just for a second... since then its been like they're not even in! I clean them every night with alcohol and she doesn't even flinch! I DEFINITELY recommend other mothers of baby girls to do it this way if they are considering it! She looks SO CUTE with her little earrings, just like a little lady! ;)
The rest of the week, we just laid pretty low & had mommy, baby, & grandma time... We went to a BIG seasonal consignment sale early Saturday morning & I found some GREAT finds!! I got 5 cute Ralph Lauren dresses & jumpers all for around $10-15 each and one still had the tags on!! I also found baby girl's possible Easter dress & a few new headbands & hair bows! {I am obsessed with cute hair bows!}

I just adore these little Polo dresses!...


I love this kelley green color!...


And how cute are these rompers!? I love big stripes & sweet baby girl loves the color yellow!...




This one is a 3T, but I just couldn't pass it up!... I want one in my size!...


And right now I'm thinking this may be her Easter dress unless I find something else I like better... this dress is really cute though! It has a big puffy skirt with a bunch of tulle underneath & was brand new with the tags still on for $5... you can't beat that!!! Even if she doesn't wear it on Easter it will be a cute church outfit...

Oh, and at the consignment sale, it took several arguments with my mother not to buy a truckload of toys!... My husband & I have an agreement that for as long as we can control it, we do not want our house overtaken by a bunch of baby toys (and as other parents know, that can happen very easily)!! I don't think a baby, or even a toddler, needs every single toy ever made! I think a few fun/educational things are great but more than anything they need to be read to & have plenty of interaction with mom & dad...


Then on Sunday after church, I got together for lunch with some of my girlfriends! We went to the Cheesecake Factory to eat & sat outside since it was 70 degrees in Nashville that day... it was a beautiful day!!... After lunch we were supposed to go see Dear John, but all of us decided to go shopping instead! {imagine that!}... My friend Jana wanted to go to Kiehls & buy a bunch of new face stuff so we all had a lot of fun playing & shopping in there & all left with fun new products & TONS of samples! :)
I also put out my Easter decorations this weekend! I have a couple more things I want to get for the house & then I'll be done! It was a nice week!
P.S. For the first time in MONTHS, hubs and I didn't have a BLT all weekend!!!! Can you believe it!?! I can't!! I'm having withdrawals! <=[ ... And I think we also have finally found a car! The car shopping has been EXCRUCIATING!! So hopefully we are done & this deal works out... I'll be sure to keep you all posted! :)


3 comments:

  1. I love all the POLO stuff so cute! Of course I am being nosey and need to know what kind of car your are going to get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks sooo cute with her pierced ears! I have lots of those same polo dresses for Kelcee! Super cute....Glad you had a great weekend and what kind of car are you going to get?
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete