Monday, February 1, 2010

Favorite Things: Health & Beauty Edition

So I am a total cosmetic junkie!... I am OBSESSED with buying health & beauty products!! (It is my goal in life to eventually kick my husband out of our walk-in closet as well as all the bathroom cabinets & drawers! LOL)



I love all things make-up & skincare and probably have tried most of them under the sun so I think that makes me a good person to fill you in on the things that I cannot live without and are worth the $$.


Skincare- I LOVE it all (and use it all!)... I have a devoted morning & night time skincare regimen that includes an entirely different set of cleansers, toners, moisturizers, and eye creams for day and night... yes, it may be a tad anal, but I just see it as your skin needs different things in the AM than the PM... In the morning, you need to moisturize & prep your face for makeup and in the evening I believe your skin needs to be cleansed, conditioned, & corrected... These are my main go-to skin care essentials...

Kiehl's- I use SO many Kiehl's products it's ridiculous!!! I even got my husband & friend Elicia hooked!... I love EVERYTHING I've ever tried from them! Plus I just love their simple packaging! Some of my cannot-live-without items is the Ultra Facial Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 (I use this in the morning & don't even have to use any powder or foundation- plus as a busy mommy I love it when a product does double duty!), Abyssine Eye Cream (This is my night time eye cream. It helps with dark circles & fine lines), Blue Herbal Spot Treatment (Love this stuff! I put it on when I feel the slightest pimple starting & it usually goes away before it becomes an issue! The hubs uses the whole Blue Herbal line for his skin regimen), Tea Tree Oil Toner (I have normal/oily skin so this stuff is fabulous & smells SO good!), & Lip Balm #1 (I keep one on my nightstand & put it on right before bed).



DERMAdoctor Picture Porefect- So I have pores the size of dinner plates... and this stuff literally shrinks them to at least a salad plate size! LOL ;) I have tried everything that claims to reduce the appearance of your pores and this is the ONLY one that has worked for me! It worked so much that my husband noticed! I use it every morning before I put on my tinted moisturizer and this small bottle lasts forever!...




Rene Furterer Dry Shampoo- So I don't believe you should wash your hair every day so this product I LOVE! For those of you that have never heard of dry shampoo, you spray it at the roots of your hair & it sprays a fine powder that soaks up any dirt & grease. After a couple minutes, you brush it out and your hair looks fabulous & has tons of volume! Love it!! You can also use it just to freshen up your hair throughout the day & add some body.


Make-up- I LOVE make-up!! I could probably be classified as a "hoarder" when it comes to buying too much make-up! I love putting it on too! {I hope in our next house I can have a HUGE vanity table where I can just sit and primp for hours! Ha :)} I'm such a girlie-girl! I NEVER have someone else do my make-up either because I always like how I do it better! ;) I even did my own make-up on my wedding day!... Here are some of my go-to items...




Eyelash comb- I am OBSESSIVE about my lashes!! If I have a bad "eyelash" day it is the equivalent to a bad hair day to most people! ;) In high school, I used the needle part of a safety pin to separate my lashes til I discovered this wonderful tool!! This fancy gadget makes sure you never have to have a bad eyelash day again! Use it after every coat & get the clumps of mascara off & separate each hair so your lashes look full & yummy! :)




DiorShow Mascara- This mascara can do it all!! It lengthens, curls, & thickens all in one!! And the brush is big & thick to coat every hair!






Benefit Blush in CORALista- I love blush! I think different color blushes can change a look as much as an eye shadow color can! This one I adore! Its my perfect go-to blush for everyday but also looks awesome going out at night... and the coral-pink color looks great on most skin tones!




Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer- Golly! I just realized I have been using this stuff for over 10 years!... I have bad dark circles under my eyes & I just love this concealer because it actually covers well & doesn't leave those yucky creases!





Well that's it for now! ... Stay tuned later this week for more of my beauty & make-up tips for this week's edition of "Show Us Your Life!"... And I'm also working on my Grammy Awards fashion recap that I hope to have done tonight or tomorrow! ;)



1 comment:

  1. I have been dying to try that dry shampoo! I just never knew what brand to get!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete