Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Recipe: Granola Balls...

Hubs & I love these!!! During the week, he usually just has enough time to grab one of those pre-packaged granola bars on the way out the door... then I found this recipe on my Whole Foods app for my iPhone {where else- ha!} ... They are our new favorite!
They are super easy to make & so yummy!!... You can have a couple for breakfast on the go or I just like to have them as a snack :)


2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats


1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut {I could only find sweetened & that works fine!}

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1/2 cup honey

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup of your favorite trail mix


Preheat oven to 350. Spread the oats & coconut on a baking sheet. Place in the oven & toast for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.


Meanwhile, combine the peanut butter, honey, and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the brown sugar has completely dissolved, stirring continually so as to prevent scorching.


Add the toasted oats and coconut to the peanut butter mixture along with the trail mix and stir to combine. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. {I actually let mine cool for 15-20 minutes cause after 10 it was still too hot to handle}





This is the kind of trail mix I like... it has dried cranberries, chocolate chips, & nuts...


Working with dampened hands, shape into 12 one-inch balls and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. {As you can see below, I shape mine into smaller balls :)... This is a great time to get the kiddies to help!}



ENJOY!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I will be making this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe....I am sooo gonna make these! Oh and how is the new addition to your family....the Louis Vuitton....LOL....I looove mine....she has her own special place in my closet just for her....

    Have a Happy Wednesday
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete