Friday, February 26, 2010

Show Us Your Life: A day in the life...

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

I am really excited about this week's "Show Us Your Life" topic because it wants people to write about what a typical day is like for them! Now I have to admit my days are pretty boring, but I am SO interested in reading what everyone else's days are like!

For me, I'm a stay-at-home mom to a sweet 7 month old baby girl... this is what a typical day looks like for us through the week...

Baby girl will usually wakes me up around 7:00am with her sweet baby jabbering through the monitor... (she is SO jolly in the mornings! She gets that from her daddy for sure!) I get up and bring her into our room and lay her in bed with me & we'll usually play in the bed for a few minutes... Then I eventually get up & throw some clothes on (My weekly uniform is usually sweats, no make-up & hair in a messy bun)... If I'm lucky enough to get a shower now's when I do it or before bed... Then I change her diaper & we go downstairs to start our day! :)

Anniston swings in her lamb swing with her "dolly" while I make coffee & breakfast...

I HAVE TO HAVE a BIG cup of coffee every morning!!!!... For breakfast, I'll usually have oatmeal with blueberries & low fat vanilla yogurt mixed in or a veggie omelet with wheat toast ;)... {I put a lot of sour cream, fresh basil & tomatoes on top! Mmmmmm! ;) }
During breakfast, I'm lucky if I a few peaceful minutes to eat & read my gossip magazine while baby swings, but normally mid-way through breakfast baby girl is ready to get out of her swing & she sits on my lap while I finish eating...

Then around 8:00, I make her breakfast... usually cereal & bananas...

For the next hour, we usually play & read a book... and sweet baby girl usually drops a BIG morning #2 sometime in between! ;) ... Her 1st of her daily 4 POOPY DIAPERS OF THE DAY- 6 if it's a "really good" day! LOL ;)

Then around 9:00-9:30 she nurses & usually falls asleep...

During the day when she naps, she is normally sleeping on my chest because every time I try to lay her down she wakes up crying & doesn't go back to sleep!... She does great at night in her crib, but I can't seem to break this during the day! Her dr said to not put her in her crib during the day because she might think she has to sleep for a long time so we've tried the pack-N-play but with no luck!... {Any mommy tips would be appreciated because even though it's nice to snuggle with my baby girl & catch up on my shows, it would be nice to have the freedom to get things done!!}
The rest of the afternoon is normally spent playing on her activity mat, in her exesaucer & if I'm lucky another nap later in the afternoon...

She still nurses every 2.5-3 hours so I feel like most of our day is spent feeding & changing diapers... I'll give her pureed fruit around 2:00 and then feed her veggies & cereal around 5:00...
When the hubs gets home from work, I'm usually ready to "clock out" and hand baby off for a bit & sweet hubs is more than happy to get baby & daddy time!... I'll cook dinner & pack his lunch for the next day while they play, then we eat & usually after dinner its time to start baby's night time routine...

I'll "clock back in" to help hubs with bath time around 8:00...

Then I'll nurse her again & afterward hubs usually takes her upstairs to read a bedtime story & puts her to bed...
If we're both not too tired after this, we'll catch up on our shows on the DVR, but most of the time I'm ready to just take a shower & go to bed... and start it all over again in the morning! :)
See... probably pretty boring to some people, but I wouldn't have it any other way!! I absolutely LOVE spending my days with my sweet baby girl & husband! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures of your day! Can you come over to my house to make breakfast?!? Ummmm, yum! I'll BE SURE to have the coffee brewed. I have a 6-month old and I feel like most of my day is spent attached to him, too. It's all good, though. They'll be pushing us away before we know it :-(

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girly,
    Anniston is just precious! Your routine sounds lots like ours! Kelcee is an early bird too! She wakes like at 6ish 7ish every morning! Girl my weekly uniform is just like yours LOL....sweats and hair in a pony tail....

    I heart her room soo precious....

    Your such a great mommy, oh and could you come to my house and make breakfast? Looks Yummo

    Have A Happy Friday
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete