Sunday, August 21, 2011

The celebration continues...


Hi bloggie friends! Sorry long time no blog!...


My mom has been in town since last week and she just left this afternoon & I haven't spent a lot of time on the computer... (other than an occasional pin on Pinterest! ;-)


So let me wrap up how my Birthday weekend went...


On Friday night, my sweet hubby tells me he's taking me out to a surprise birthday lunch the next day! (I was VERY skeptical because my dear husband is NOT a planner when it comes to special occasions... He's a "wait-til-the-last-possible-minute" kinda guy... :-( so I was EXTREMELY curious about what he had up his sleeve!)... Throughout the night and even the next day before we left, I kept shouting out ideas about where he might be taking me or what we could possibly be doing... My guesses started off pretty simple (a few of our favorite places to eat)... and over time, as the wheels in my head started turning, became MUCH more extravagant (i.e. taking me to pick out a brand new washer & dryer... a new Louis Vuitton *remember this surprise a couple years back- THAT WAS A GOOD ONE!)... but no such luck... his lip was zipped... and when we were in the car & passed the on ramp to the interstate, my shiny, new Louis dreams were a little crushed... :-(


Then, we reached our surprise destination!...


He had planned a picnic lunch & wine tasting at Arrington Vineyard! SO SWEET!! :-) We had never been there together before and had been dying to go with him... (me & some of my girlfriends went there last year & since then I couldn't wait to go back with my hubby)


How cute is he???...

I had to take this picture of him, because I think it is JUST PRECIOUS that he packed our picnic backpack & even had a blanket! (Just thinking about how thoughtful this was of him makes me a tad misty eyed!... All I ever want from him is to know he thinks about me, loves me, & puts effort into doing special things for me... and this sweet, little lunch date was enough to fill my heart with joy for a while! *sigh*)


... Don't get me wrong... if this sweet man would have pulled a new Louis out of that picnic back pack, I would have peed! =)


Anyhoo, here's some more pics from our wonderful lunch date...

I'm not a huge fan of sweet wine, but this raspberry dessert wine is THE BOMB!... Doubt I could drink more than one glass, but it sure is yummy with those raspberry chocolate truffles!!!



After our tasting, we settled on this yummy white wine and found a nice table in the shade & talked, ate & drank... CHILD FREE! It was a dreamy afternoon! :-)



CHEERS!



*Seriously, how cute is he!?... I'm a lucky lady! ;-)

Then after lunch, we headed back home & got cleaned up to meet some of our friends for a dinner my hubby & friend Jana had plan at Sambuca...



I had spent weeks planning my outfit around these beauties my sweet girlfriends bought me for my Birthday...

And I am DEVASTATED I didn't get a picture of my head to toe ensemble! :( I wore this black corset dress with a slightly full skirt, my blue shoes & carried my fierce new leopard clutch... Oh well... On the bright side, I did remember to get a group picture of girls after we ate... :) MINUS our hot blonde, Christal, who left early :(


My friend Jana, got me YUMMY cupcakes from IVEY Cake... who I have been DYING to try ever since I saw her on Cupcake Wars...

I am happy to report they were DELICIOUS & SO PRETTY!






On a different note, I HAVE to share these pictures of my sweet baby girl...

I was in a desperate search for sparkly bracelets to go with my outfit for Saturday night so me, my mom & baby girl were shopping at this jewelry store in the mall & I turn around for 1 minute and my "accessory-obsessed" daughter is up to her elbow in sparkly bracelets! LOL!!!...


She's pretty proud of herself in this picture... and I must say, I am too! HA ;)


AAAANNNNDDDD... she kept going with the purses...
... and the rings... :-)
I eventually had to cut the poor girl off with the accessorizing... and it wasn't pretty!!! :(



Anyhoo... the 30th Birthday celebration is still going on!... My hubby and friend Stephanie have planned ANOTHER outing this weekend... Don't want to give too much away, but I'll blog more about that & post pictures next week! :)









1 comment:

  1. Anniston cracks me up!!! That's so funny!:) and the Arrington trip looks so sweet! ----- You definitely do need a blonde in that picture, lol!;) You girls all look gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete