Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy Birhtday to me... :)

Well... it's official... I'M 30!!!!!!!!!!!!



I have to say, it's not so bad up here! ;-)



My mom came in town the other day, so for once in a long, long, long time, I got to celebrate my birthday with my mommy, and that made me happy! :)




On my actual birthday, me, baby girl, and my mom drove to the mall after breakfast for a little Birthday retail therapy... Nothing too crazy... I was just looking for some bracelets to go with a dress I'm wearing on Saturday night for a MUCH-NEEDED child-free night out on the town with my hubby & favorite girls, but my bracelet hunt was a BIG FAT FAIL! :( Seriously, how hard is it to find a pretty sparkly thing that doesn't cost a fortune... well apparently, very hard... However, I did stumble upon these beauties at Macy's while on the way out...

Seriously!... I don't know what it is about me & this color, but I AM A LITTLE OBSESSED!... to say the least! I think it is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S & these bad boys HAD to come home with me! PERIOD! I was SUPER STOKED!... I had been wanting a pair of blue flats forever & I LOVE the studs on the back & patent leather toe! And to make it even sweeter, I had a Macy's gift card that has been living in my wallet for a year for about THE EXACT amount, so I know it was completely meant to be... PS. they were only $35!!! Really! (Sarah Jacobi- you need a pair of these too!)

Later that evening, my sweet hubby came home from work early & we had a nice, quite dinner at home. He grilled yummy steaks & I made roasted asparagus & white truffle mashed potatoes to go with it...

(PS. I LOVE asparagus! They have been on sale the last couple weeks at Publix so we have been making tons of it!... This is THE BEST way to roast them, in my humble opinion...)

Roasted Asparagus...
Preheat oven 350. Spread trimmed asparagus on baking sheet & drizzle with olive oil, coarse salt, cracked black pepper, lemon zest & lemon juice. Toss. Bake for about 10-15min depending on thickness...

For the white truffle mashed potatoes...
Peel and dice Yukon Gold potatoes. Put in pot, fill with water, add lots of coarse salt & big dollop of olive oil. Stir. Cook until tender. Drain. Add butter, sour cream, half & half, salt, & white pepper to taste. Whip with electric hand mixer. Then stir in white truffle oil to taste. Top with chopped, fresh chives and...

Viola! YUM-O!





This little one was ALL ABOUT some truffle mashed potatoes!... :)



And finally, yummy lemon bars for dessert... :)




Happy Birthday to me!... ;-)


It was the perfect night at home with my wonderful family! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment